RETIREES INVITATIONAL GOLF
This organization was established to provide
senior golfers in the San Jose area with the ability to
play local courses on a regular basis. We play 52 rounds
per year at 13 to 15 different courses in a range of 60
miles from San Jose. Our schedule is available to members
each December for the next year and consists of a local
course every Wednesday.
About 100 members are active, and 40-60 play each week. We
have a range of handicaps and tournaments are flighted by
handicap index. We try to schedule courses that allow
walkers whenever possible.
We have a few rules to be eligible to join our golf group,
Fees and Prizes
- Be recommended by a present member
- Complete and submit the new member application
- Play as a guest at least 4 times in a three month
- Play at least one of those rounds with a member of the
Board of Directors
- Demonstrate that you understand golf with respect to
the rules and etiquette
- Have the intent to play the recommended 15 rounds per
- New members are encouraged to take on a duty as
scheduler or collector for one of the golf courses. This
allows new members to meet the existing members and keep
our club functioning efficiently.
- Annual dues shall include NCGA membership
- A $2 prize and administration fee is added to each
green fee for members and guests
- Prizes are awarded for low net in each of two or three
flights and closest to the pin for each event
- An annual luncheon is held after a December round at
the annual general meeting
- Officers are elected every two years
- A schedule of the year's events and the schedulers'
names and phone numbers along with a pocket schedule are
available to each member.
- Sign up sheets for the next 4 weeks' events are
available each week at the designated course the club is
playing. Circle your name as playing or cross it out.
Until your name is included on the sign up sheet, you
must write in your name and phone number as a fill-in or
with a foursome that has a known opening. Otherwise, the
scheduler will fit you in and advise you of your
- Many new members eventually form or join a regular
foursome. This is not required as many members prefer to
play with different members
- You are expected to be at the course at least 30
minutes prior to your tee time. The extra time is needed
for the collectors to fill in open spots on the schedule
for the day. We often start earlier than scheduled.